On Thursday, April 25, 2010, Stack’d in Hampton/Gibsonia is donating 20% of all sales to HEARTH if you show them this flyer! We hope to see you there for some great burgers!
Voting is now open!
You can vote for HEARTH once a day every day until March 1, 2019 at 9 pm EST.
You can vote here – beautywishes2019
HEARTH has been chosen By Project Beauty Share to participate in this year’s Beauty Wishes campaign.
The campaign benefits women who are overcoming homelessness, addiction, poverty and abuse, and the organizations who devotedly serve them.
5 agencies (including HEARTH), have been selected to participate this year and will be vying for your votes to win the $10k grand prize. for your agency of choice (once a day) on the Beauty Wishes 2019 website.
On March 15, Taylor will announce the winning city/agency, along with the total amount of funds
In addition to the chance to win $10,000, HEARTH and the other participating agencies each received generous donations from 8 Beauty Brand partners!
For more information visit their website at https://projectbeautyshare.org/beautywishes2019/
You know it, you love it, HEARTH’s Associate Board Guest Bartenders are back!
Join us on Thursday, January 10th from 6 pm to 8:30 pm!
We have some fresh new bartenders, an awesome raffle prize, Sideline’s amazing wings, and so much more!
Beat the post-holiday blues and come hang out with our Associate Board!
The 10th annual ‘Purses with a Purpose’ was held this past Sunday, December 2, 2019 at LeMont Restaurant. We had a great time with everyone from guests to volunteers! We had some awesome press coverage thanks to KDKA. You can view that clip here.
Hops for HEARTH tickets are on sale now!
When you purchase from now through Cyber Monday (11/26/18), you will receive a $10 discount on all ticket types!
VIP Guests- $55 (Regular $65) Includes a souvenir beer glass, one extra hour of beer tasting, snacks, and etc. from 6 PM to 9:30 PM.
Regular Guests- $35 (Regular $45) Includes a souvenir beer glass, snacks, and etc. from at 7 PM to 9:30 PM.
Designated Driver– $15 (Regular $25) Includes admission, assess to snacks, silent auction, and a good time from 6 PM to 9:30 PM
Homelessness Awareness Month 2018
We need your help to spread the word about HEARTH and how we are impacting homelessness in Allegheny County. Join us and others by getting involved this November in helping to make a change in the community you live in! By working together, you are helping to provide the families at HEARTH the opportunity to create a better life for themselves and their children. Below are some ways to get involved, but we are happy to talk about other ideas! Everyone who signs up to support will be mentioned on our website to help promote your efforts! www.hearth-bp.org
- Employee Volunteering: Does your employer offer volunteer opportunities? We work with different companies to have groups of employees come in to help garden, paint an apartment, organize the HEARTH store or other maintenance needs onsite!
- Corporate Fundraisers: We can help to determine what would work best for your office or group. Some examples include: Bake sales, selling HEARTH logo cut-outs, dress down day, reach out to vendors for support and pot lock. Funds can be used to:
- Provide WiFi for one family to be able to do school work- $100
- Provide hot baths and showers for one family for an entire year- $250
- Provide Monday night childcare so all our moms can learn a new life skill in their Monday night meetings –$500
- Provide warmth & Light for ten apartments for one month- $1,000
- HEARTH’s HOME Amazon Wish List: Search for HEARTH in the list section of Amazon and check back often as we continuously update this list with much needed items for HEARTH.
- United Way: Does your organization work with United Way? Consider HEARTH for your charity donations. Our UWCC # – 3384
- Food pantry: HEARTH addresses food insecurity by providing families with fresh fruits, vegetables, grains, and non-perishable food items. We partner with many groups and individuals to help put together snack packs, meals in a jar, crockpot ready recipes and much more!
- Employee Matching Gifts: Many companies not only encourage their employees to give to and volunteer time to nonprofits in their communities, but also will match those efforts with dollars and other means of support.
- Third Party Fundraising: Organizations are providing opportunities to help fundraise for HEARTH. Some examples include: Organizing a 5K event, hosting happy hours, Theme Party/Dinner, Game Night and more.
Interested in learning more ways to get involved or having us come speak at your next meeting?
Join HEARTH at Wigle Whiskey’s Barrel House and Whiskey Garden on
Thursday, October 25th from 6 pm to 9 pm for a haunting good time!
There will be delicious Wigle cocktails, entertainment provided by ‘Still Not Sober’ and we will be hosting a costume contest! A portion of the evenings drink sales will benefit HEARTH.
Costume contest entry is $20 on Eventbrite and $25 at the door. Your entry will also include promos from local businesses as well as a raffle ticket to win a special prize!
Click here to purchase tickets to the contest!
RSVP on Facebook and let us know if you’re coming! Those not entering the contest have a $5 cover.
This past Saturday, Christ Episcopal Church hosted the ‘ Run for Thy Neighbor’ 5k in North Park. This year the race benefited HEARTH.
They had snacks for participants as well as a raffle for those attending the race.
Photo: Race participants get ready to start their run.