Title: Direct Services Coordinator/Social Worker
Reports to: Executive Director
Fulltime position: Primarily Monday – Friday, must be able to work 2 evenings per week and at HEARTH fundraising events
The Direct Services Coordinator is an essential part of the team at HEARTH. In this role, the ideal candidate will be an experienced strategic thinker, problem-solver, and doer who is responsible for providing, coordinating and evaluating services provided to our clients. The candidate will serve as the direct contact to clients in the program from intake through exit and liaison to other service providers; assist clients in obtaining the resources necessary to reach their goals to maintain their safety, increase their income, and secure permanent housing.
The candidate should be knowledgeable about strength based intervention, trauma informed care, socioeconomic/cultural diversity and community resources. Candidates should also have experience in needs assessment, case management, goal setting, and inter agency collaboration. This is a unique opportunity for a motivated, independent and experienced social worker to make a lasting impact on improving the lives of domestic abuse survivors and their children through transitional housing and support services.
About HEARTH: Homelessness Ends with Advocacy, Resources, Training, and Housing. HEARTH provides transitional and permanent housing to homeless women with children but HEARTH provides more than a temporary home. HEARTH Program Participants are required to pursue employment or education and attend classes that offer life skills. Food, clothing, resources, and an Early Head Start program are among the supportive services HEARTH offers to facilitate client success. HEARTH offers a hand up, not a hand out, and our model works. Our program boasts an impressive success rate, with 84% of participants obtaining permanent housing, 75% securing full time employment, 80% increasing their education level, and 89% increasing their income level.
This position is located in North Hills.
Salary Range – Low to Mid $40’s
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Program Participant Interaction
- Collaborate with other agencies for referrals
- Schedule the initial assessment and intake screening of all clients applying for housing.
- Individual and group counseling; must be available 2 evenings per week for case management.
- Gather and disseminate educational information and facilitate involvement in appropriate training
- Coordinate group meetings i.e., program participant meetings, support groups, etc.
- Assist families participating in the program with the development of a service plan to identify the family’s specific strengths and challenges so that appropriate services can be provided.
- Monitor individual service plans to insure the satisfactory delivery of needed services.
- Monitor participants progress toward contracted goals developed in the service plan.
- Coordinate services with partner agencies for participants and/or their children.
- Take all calls from individuals seeking housing; set up and participate in interview process.
- Complete surveys on entrance and exit that are part of the Outcome Measurement study
- Community Interaction
- Advocate for clients with off site providers
- Refer program participants to additional resources
- Work at all HEARTH Fundraising events
- Represent HEARTH through work with various organizations
- Work with partner agencies that provide onsite services
- Identify and coordinate clients to speak at events
- Administrative Responsibilities
- Document case activity and services to participants.
- Collect and record required information in client database
- Complete LIHTC paperwork and monthly rent rolls
- Attend weekly supervision case conferences.
- Provide supervision to Evening and Weekend Managers, interns as needed
- Offer guidance via problem resolution and crisis management
- Arrange coverage during vacation
- Complete performance evaluations
- Coordinate effective cooperation in providing services to Program Particpants
- Masters Degree in Social Work or a related discipline with two years experience or a Bachelors Degree in Social Work or a related discipline with five years experience.
- Competence in Microsoft office and computer documentation
- Experience working with individuals and groups.
- Experience working with low-income single parent families.
- Knowledge of Community Services
- Current Drivers license and insurance
Required skill sets:
- Organizational Skills (interviews, case notes, supervisory communication)
- Boundary setting with Program Participants
- Ability to be part of a team with other staff (information sharing, problems, events work, deliveries)
- Good written and verbal skills (case documentation, interviews, tours, letters)
- Ability to multi-task and switch tasks quickly (phone, interview, session, meeting, resource)
- Ability to keep clients on task in sessions
Please forward your resume with a cover letter that explains experience with identified client population; goal setting support, and accountability; organizational skills; and community resources.
Mail to HEARTH, P.O. Box 318 Glenshaw, PA 15116,
FAX to 412-366-9805 or Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
HEARTH’s mission is to provide a range of supportive services and housing that empowers homeless families who are survivors of domestic violence or other trauma to become independent, self-sufficient and adequately housed; and to foster low income housing opportunities to prevent homelessness and encourage safe, affordable housing. We provide transitional housing to homeless families in the North Hills.
EVENING MANAGER – Part Time Evening/Weekend Hours, some flexibility available.
Coverage needed for the following days/times – Two 6-hour shifts Monday-Friday 9pm-2am or 10pm to 3am plus a 12-hour shift on Sunday 6pm to 6am
Salary Range – $12-$13/hour
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides emergency support while on duty at the transitional housing facility. The Direct Services Coordinator is available if emergency intervention is needed.
- Responsible for enforcing the House Rules and reporting infractions to the Direct Services Coordinator.
- Responsible for handling any crisis that might occur while on duty.
- Responsible for informing the maintenance person of any problems identified while on duty.
- Inspect each apartment every night as follows:
- Patrol the building upon arrival. Enter any violations into log. (Children in hall, toys in hall, etc.) Major violations such as unallowed guests, alcohol, violence, etc. need dealt with according to policies and reported to the Direct Services Coordinator.
- Perform additional security check as needed depending on length of shift
- Patrol the building again before leaving. Same as above. Leave the log in the Direct Services Coordinator’s Office.
- Document results of nightly building patrol.
- Convey program participant needs to Direct Services Coordinator.
- Monitor security measures and report any issues as necessary.
- Perform apartment inspections twice per month.
- Perform other duties as required by the Executive Director.
- Associates Degree in Social Work or equivalent experience.
- Individual must be mature and capable of functioning securely and autonomously while on duty.
- Experience in dealing with crisis situations preferred.
- Sensitivity and awareness of the needs of single parent families; the ability to relate well to children and communicate effectively.
- Ability and willingness to enforce program rules and consequences.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
HEARTH provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Please forward your resume with a cover letter via:
Mail to HEARTH-Personnel, P.O. Box 318, Glenshaw, PA 15116;
FAX to 412-366-9805 or Email to email@example.com
NO phone calls please