Title: Marketing and Corporate Relations Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Incumbent: Full Time Position: primarily Monday- Friday, flexibility with evening and weekend hours
The Marketing and Corporate Relations Manager is an essential part of the leadership team at Hearth. In this role, the ideal candidate will be an experienced strategic thinker, problem-solver and doer who can lead efforts to upgrade communications at Hearth though all channels and to all of our essential audience. The candidate should be comfortable interacting with executive leadership, donors, board members, sponsors and clients from all walks of life and backgrounds. Candidates should also have experience in supporting fundraising using best-practices to help grow our individual and corporate donor base and to energize sponsorship of and attendance at fundraising events. Significant experience with building strong consistent messaging and using social media to promote organizations and build communities is a must. This is a unique opportunity for a motivated, highly intelligent and experienced communicator to make a lasting impact on an organization that is dedicated to improving the lives of domestic abuse survivors and their children through transitional housing and support services.
About HEARTH: Homelessness Ends with Advocacy, Resources, Training, and Housing. HEARTH is a 501(c) (3), non-profit organization that provides transitional housing to domestic violence survivors and their families, but HEARTH provides more than a temporary home. HEARTH Program Participants are required to attend school for educational or vocational training to help secure employment and to attend classes that help teach them life skills. Food, clothing, resources, and childcare are among the supportive services HEARTH offers to facilitate participant success. HEARTH offers a hand up, not a hand out, and our model works. Our program boasts an impressive success rate, with 84% of participants obtaining permanent housing, 75% securing full time employment, 88% increasing their education level, and 89% increasing their income level.
- Together with Executive Director, leads public relations efforts and establishes policies and practices to develop and maintain the desired image of the organization.
- Facilitates Communications & Resource Development Committee of the Board with committee chairperson.
- Responsible for the development and of HEARTH’s marketing strategy including identification of target audiences and best ways to reach them, and development of overall campaign goals and messaging. Manages and directs all marketing and outreach programs, campaigns and tactics through multi channel approach including email communications, newsletters, direct mail, and social media. Goal would be to increase targets that sign up for our communication pieces by 25% annually.
- Responsible for branding and messaging clarity.
- Responsible for the enhancement/maintenance of HEARTH website and all promotional materials.
- Responsible for identifying and implementing technology options to facilitate communication among Board members, staff, and volunteers.
- Develops and maintains professional, mutually beneficial relationships with all appropriate reporters, journalists, etc.
- Drafts, develops, distributes, and follows up on news releases.
- Facilitates relationships with educational institutions to recruit and supervise interns.
Financial Resource Development 25%
Serves as marketing support for events promotion process including all print pieces such as invitations, flyers, etc.
- Identifies and fosters corporate sponsorships/partnerships
- Responsible for increasing special event revenue through increased ticket sales and corporate sponsorships
- Serves as liaison and facilitator for the Associate Board including orientation, meetings and special events
Community Outreach 10%
- Supports community relations
- Cultivates relationships with community organizations such as rotaries, churches, and local ministeriums
- Schedules speaking engagements and trains volunteers to provide community presentations
- Supervises the Volunteer Manager
- Coordinates bi-monthly tours with the Volunteer Manager
- Attends meetings as deemed necessary by the Executive Director
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years experience in communications/marketing
- Experience in individual and corporate fundraising
- Demonstrated success raising at least $40,000 annually
- Demonstrated success developing marketing strategy and creating multi-channel marketing communications plans
- Demonstrated success securing Corporate Partnerships
- Demonstrated experience fostering community partnerships
- Experience with nonprofit culture
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior organizational skills
- Experience with social media
- Experiencing writing content for website and managing website updates
- Flexibility, creativity, and ability to resolve problems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Constant Contact, and social media platforms
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management, personnel, volunteers, donors, program participants, and the public
This is a relatively sedentary position with no unusual physical demands. The physical effort typically required in this job includes:
- Occasional standing, walking, lifting or exerting force up to 30 lbs, pushing, pulling, reaching or stretching, crouching or stooping.
- Possession of a driver’s license and ability to drive
- Regular sitting, fingering or manual dexterity and repetitive finger motion, speaking, hearing, seeing at close and distances, and focusing ability.
HEARTH provides a generous benefit package, supportive team environment and flexibility. The salary range for this position is $45,000 – $55,000 plus benefits based on experience.