Title: Annual Giving Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Incumbent: Full Time Position: primarily Monday- Friday must be able to work an irregular schedule, evenings or Saturday as needed, additional hours during peak times or as required.
The Annual Giving Manager is an essential part of the leadership team at Hearth. In this role, the ideal candidate will be an experienced strategic thinker, problem-solver and doer who is responsible for building and growing an effective annual giving program and a supporting database for individuals, corporations, churches, and community organizations. The candidate should be comfortable interacting with executive leadership, donors, board members, sponsors and clients from all walks of life and backgrounds. Candidates should also have experience in supporting communication efforts using best-practices to help grow our individual and corporate donor base and to energize sponsorship of and attendance at fundraising events. Significant experience with annual giving, data analysis, face to face solicitation, and donor recognition is a must. This is a unique opportunity for a motivated, highly intelligent and experienced fundraiser to make a lasting impact on an organization that is dedicated to improving the lives of domestic abuse survivors and their children through transitional housing and support services.
About HEARTH: Homelessness Ends with Advocacy, Resources, Training, and Housing. HEARTH provides transitional housing to domestic violence survivors and their families, but HEARTH provides more than a temporary home. HEARTH Program Participants are required to attend school and attend classes that offer life skills. Food, clothing, resources, and childcare are among the supportive services HEARTH offers to facilitate participant success. HEARTH offers a hand up, not a hand out, and our model works. Our program boasts an impressive success rate, with 84% of participants obtaining permanent housing, 75% securing full time employment, 88% increasing their education level, and 89% increasing their income level.
The Annual Giving Manager is responsible for building and growing an effective annual giving program and a supporting database for individuals, corporations, churches, and community organizations.
- Together with Executive Director, develop and lead a comprehensive annual giving program, including strategies to incorporate individuals, community organizations, churches, and corporations via e-campaigns, giving societies, focus on new donors, and increasing average gift amounts.
- Work closely with other staff to develop fundraising strategies and integrate these with agency initiatives.
- Responsible for planning and implementing multiple appeals through multiple platforms, with a high degree of customization and emotional appeal.
- Oversee budgets, progress, deadlines, goals and objectives related to annual giving and responsibilities.
- Develop, write, and finalize appeals utilizing different platforms and presentation techniques
- Maintain accurate and complete records of donor communications
- Prepare regular reports and analysis of efforts on all campaign activities
- Work with communications team to develop strategies for development presence in all communications and marketing.
- Oversee the development presence on the website
- Develop and maintain efficient systems for data cleansing, data entry, gift processing, prospect research, and relationship management.
- Oversee the Database Manager to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the data, including input and output, technology management, and end-user training and support in DonorPro which tracks gift/financial and biographical information on donors.
- Coordinate and plan for future data conversions/upgrades as needed
- Manage new funder prospecting, including: research, analysis of fit, and appeal strategies
- Serve as an active prospect identifier, targeting prospects for personal visits and moving annual donors through the donor pyramid into the next giving level.
- Make creative connections between and among people, events, programs, and their associated circles.
- Ensure overall accuracy and timeliness of all donor correspondence
- Represent HEARTH at community events and local business organizations
- Serve as a resource to the Board of Directors in all efforts related to Annual Giving and donor development
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- To increase average donation amount from individuals on an annual basis
- To increase donations from corporations on an annual basis
- To increase donations from churches and community organizations on an annual basis
- To increase active donors on an annual basis
- Bachelor’s degree required and three to five years of fundraising experience with annual giving and managing a complex database.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Advanced working knowledge of fundraising database, Knowledge of DonorPro is a plus.
- Must possess knowledge of fundraising principles and practices and maintain a professional, polished demeanor.
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational, analytical, and planning skills.
- Aptitude for the management and effective use of information systems in support of a development program.
- Initiative and independence in carrying out responsibilities.
- Excellent organization skills with an ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and a variety of demands.
- Experience in project coordination, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as volunteers, donors, and event attendees
- Commitment to maintain confidentiality and a high degree of accuracy in alumni & donor records.
- Must be able to work in an environment of constant demands and frequent interruptions.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Demonstrated ability to work accurately and effectively with computerized data system.
- Proficiency in basic accounting principles.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and promote a positive working environment, spirit of cooperation, and positive reactions to change.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both written and oral which transcend diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated motivational and problem solving capabilities with a high degree of integrity, ethics, and dedication to the mission
This is a full time exempt position. Benefits are available per personnel policies. The salary range is $48,000 – $58,000.
Send resume with cover letter to: Personnel – HEARTH
PO Box 116
Glenshaw, PA 15116
or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NO phone calls please