HEARTH’s mission is to provide a range of supportive services and housing that empowers families,who are survivors of domestic violence and experiencing homelessness, to become independent, self-sufficient and adequately housed; and to foster low income housing opportunities to prevent homelessness and encourage safe, affordable housing. We provide transitional and permanent housing to homeless families in the North Hills.
EVENING MANAGER – Part Time Evening/Weekend Hours, some flexibility available.
Coverage needed for the following days/times –
Monday through Friday 10 or 11pm to 6 or 7am and Saturday & Sunday 6pm to 6am
Salary Range – $12-$13/hour
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides emergency support while on duty at the transitional housing facility. The Direct Services Coordinator is available if emergency intervention is needed.
- Responsible for enforcing the House Rules and reporting infractions to the Direct Services Coordinator.
- Responsible for handling any crisis that might occur while on duty.
- Responsible for informing the maintenance person of any problems identified while on duty.
- Inspect each apartment every night as follows:
- Patrol the building upon arrival. Enter any violations into log. (Children in hall, toys in hall, etc.) Major violations such as unallowed guests, alcohol, violence, etc. need dealt with according to policies and reported to the Direct Services Coordinator.
- Perform additional security check as needed depending on length of shift
- Patrol the building again before leaving. Same as above. Leave the log in the Direct Services Coordinator’s Office.
- Document results of nightly building patrol.
- Convey program participant needs to Direct Services Coordinator.
- Monitor security measures and report any issues as necessary.
- Perform apartment inspections twice per month.
- Perform other duties as required by the Executive Director.
- Associates Degree in Social Work or equivalent experience.
- Individual must be mature and capable of functioning securely and autonomously while on duty.
- Experience in dealing with crisis situations preferred.
- Sensitivity and awareness of the needs of single parent families; the ability to relate well to children and communicate effectively.
- Ability and willingness to enforce program rules and consequences.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
HEARTH provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Please forward your resume with a cover letter via:
Mail to HEARTH-Personnel, P.O. Box 318, Glenshaw, PA 15116;
FAX to 412-366-9805 or Email to firstname.lastname@example.org