As Allegheny County’s Homeless Advisory Board votes to eliminate funding, you may have a lot of questions about how this all relates to HEARTH.
We can assure you we are doing everything in our power to continue advocating for the families in our program, to provide safe transitional housing and to continue to open door for families in crisis.
We’ve put together a list of commonly asked Questions regarding this matter, with Answers to these questions:
- How does HEARTH help end homelessness?
- What is occurring with the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and their funding for HEARTH?
- Do we know why HUD and HAB are taking these actions?
- What does the impact of this funding loss mean for HEARTH and the families it serves?
- What is HEARTH doing in order to survive this funding loss?
- If 20 programs are affected by this decision, why is HEARTH the one in the news?
- What can I do to help?