About the HOMES Program
When families come to HEARTH, we help them to become independent and economically self-sufficient with many supportive services, resources, case management and other support services needed.
The families we serve must be:
- Caring for one to four children up to age 18
- Motivated to become self-sufficient
- Committed to completing an educational program
- Free of substance abuse for 90 days before enrolling
- Willing to abide by HOMES Program expectations
- All teenage children must be attending high school full time to live at HOMES
What families agree to do:
- Follow program guidelines to become economically self-sufficient
- Pay a program fee equal to 30 percent of adjusted income
- Take care of their own food, clothing, tuition, cleaning, and child-care needs
- Attend an educational program
- Address any issues that would interfere with obtaining or retaining employment
- To find out if HOMES is right for your family or someone you know, call the Direct Services Coordinator at (412) 366-9801 x21.