In these financially hard times it was nice to see other non-profit organizations helping HEARTH. In true holiday spirit many of our local non-profit organizations did not hesitate to make this holiday season extra special for the families of Benedictine Place.
• The McCandless Rotary brings together businesses and professional leaders for humanitarian work. This past holiday season the McCandless Rotary decided to take-part in HEARTH’s Angel Tree sponsorship. McCandless Rotary has been donating to HEARTH since 1997.
• The Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank (GPCFB) is an organization that collects and distributes food through a large network in 11 counties within the southwestern Pennsylvania area. The GPCFB is also a member of Feeding America, which is formerly known as America’s Second Harvest. This year for the holidays the GPCFB in association with KDKA TV’s Turkey Campaign donated 15 Giant Eagle gift cards worth $15 each to HEARTH.
• North Hills Community Outreach (NHCO) is dedicated to helping those in need. They offer several services to the community; food pantries, utility assistance, emergency financial help, college scholarships for non-traditional adult students, and support groups along with other services. The NHCO donated 15 Giant Eagle gift cards that were each worth $25 to HEARTH this past holiday.
• The Pittsburgh Civic Light Opera (CLO) is very prestigious organization that puts on musical theater and showcases local talent. The organization has paved the way for many talented artists in the industry. As a special gift to the families at Benedictine Place the Pittsburgh CLO donated eight tickets to A Musical Christmas Carol.
• The Wexford Christian Center is a drop-in day care and preschool designed to help families of the surrounding communities. This last holiday the 4-year-old classes made candy treats, which were delivered to HEARTH for the families of Benedictine Place to enjoy.
• The Woodlands Foundation is dedicated to enriching the lives of children and adults with disabilities and chronic illnesses. The Woodlands Foundation donated six $25 Giant Eagle gift cards to the families of Benedictine Place.
• Community Care Behavioral is an organization that manages and continuously improves the delivery of behavioral health services. They provide this service throughout the commonwealth of Pennsylvania. In spirit of the holiday season employees on the Children’s team went and picked up Christmas trees and then delivered them to HEARTH for the families in the program to enjoy.
The families of Benedictine Place were given a wonderful holiday season because of the kindness and generosity of the non-profit organizations that donated to HEARTH this past holiday. Thanks to the non-profit organizations the families participating in Benedictine Place were blessed with gift cards for food, delicious treats and holiday cheer essentials. HEARTH could not appreciate its fellow non-profit organizations’ help more.