Do you love Wine? How about delicious food? A great silent auction? Then our committee is looking for you!
Purpose of the Committee:
As an operational committee of the organization, the Wine & Food Committee is responsible for planning HEARTH’S signature fundraiser, “The Art of Wine & Food”.
Members of the Wine & Food Committee assist the Chairperson and Special Events Coordinator with planning the event. The chairperson(s) of the committee reports to the board on all aspects of the event.
Reporting: As an Operational Committee, it will report to Special Events and Development Coordinator
Committee Membership and Operations:
All committee work is done in partnership with and through the leadership and enabling of assigned staff. The CEO makes all staff assignments. The committee does not usurp the authority of the Board, and neither directs nor oversees staff.
Scope of work for the Wine & Food Committee:
- Attend meetings
- Fulfill areas of accepted responsibility
- Solicit sponsors and vendors
- Secure silent auction packages
- Sell a minimum of ten tickets to the event
- Recruit committee members and Friends of Wine & Food Committee
- Donate one bottle of wine or liquor for the silent auction
Skill Set required:
- Commitment to the vision, mission, and goals of HEARTH
- Ability to engage donors & sponsors in order to meet Wine & Food goals
- Adept at maintaining relationships with donors and vendors
- Capacity to attend and participate in committee meetings
Frequency of meetings: As necessary, estimated at 9 times per year
Meeting logistics: Second Wednesday of the Month at HEARTH or offsite, past vendor’s establishments