The HEARTH store has sundry items such as personal and feminine hygiene items, cleaning supplies, extra school supplies, laundry and dish detergents, and much more, all available to our program residents through a point system, based on performance and goals of the individuals.
HOW IT WORKS:
- HEARTH’s Program Participants meet with the Direct Services Coordinator on a weekly basis.
- During those meetings, mothers sets goals for themselves.
- One of the goals could be to ace all mid-terms, to make sure I don’t miss the bus this week, or I will write my resume and send applications to 4 different employers.
- The goals vary depending on where she is in the program at the time.
- As goals are accomplished, the Program Participants receive points for the HEARTH Store.
- A volunteer will come to HEARTH twice a month and open the HEARTH Store.
- During HEARTH Store hours, Program Participants can shop using their points.
WHERE DO THE STORE ITEMS COME FROM:
All items in the HEARTH Store are donated by the community through drives held by church groups, youth groups, schools, organizations and companies looking to give back to the community