Join HEARTH’s Tees & Traps Committee!
Do you love golf or trap shooting? How about helping your local community? The Tees & Traps committee is looking for you!
Interested? Contact Morgan at email@example.com.
Role of the Tees & Traps Committee
Purpose of the Committee: As an operational committee of the organization, the Tees & Traps Committee is responsible for planning HEARTH’S signature fundraiser, “Targeting Homelessness Tees & Traps Event”.
• Members of the Tees & Traps Committee assist the Chairperson and Special Events Coordinator with planning the event. The chairperson(s) or board liaison of the committee reports to the board on all aspects of the event.
Reporting: As an Operational Committee, it will report to Special Events and Development Coordinator
• The Board Liaison (or Chairperson) with report to the Board the responsibilities for the event
Committee membership and operations: Members include both Board and non-Board members. All committee work is done in partnership with and through the leadership and enabling of assigned staff. The CEO makes all staff assignments. The committee does not usurp the authority of the Board, and neither directs nor oversees staff.
Scope of work for the Tees & Traps Committee:
1. Attend meetings
2. Fulfill areas of accepted responsibility
3. Solicit sponsors and foursomes/fivesomes
4. Secure silent auction packages
5. Secure foursomes to the event
6. Recruit committee members and Friends of Tees & Traps Committee
7. Donate one bottle of wine or liquor for the silent auction
Skill Set required:
• Commitment to the vision, mission, and goals of HEARTH
• Ability to engage donors & sponsors in order to meet Tees & Traps goals
• Adept at maintaining relationships with donors and vendors
• Capacity to attend and participate in committee meetings
Frequency of meetings: As necessary, estimated at 9 times per year
Meeting logistics: First Tuesday of the Month at HEARTH or offsite